For those of us that have curly or textured hair, we all know the struggle. Whether it is finding the right products or wearing protective hairstyles, it can be overwhelming at times. Especially with so many products on the market, it can be hard to keep up with everything.
Which, for me, is something that I have learned throughout my natural hair journey. Because being natural is always full of twists and turns. So for this post, I will be sharing my favorite curly hair tips. That has become an essential part of my hair regimen for my type 4 curls. So if you all are interested then keep on reading!
My favorite curly hair tips..
1. Deep condition once a week with heat, especially if you have low porosity hair.
2. Always do a protein treatment when coming out of a flat-ironed hairstyle.
3. Use a heat protectant when you are using direct heat.
4. Make sure you are moisturizing your ends since they are the oldest.
5. Have a good trimming regimen and only trim your hair when needed.
6. Let go of dead or split ends.
7. Never comb or brush your hair when it is dry.
8. Microfiber towels and t-shirts are your friends.
9. Make sure your hair is 100 percent dry before unraveling your twist or braids.
10. Do the float test to determine your hair’s porosity level. To get a better understanding of how your hair absorbs and retains moisture.
11. Before you purchase a product, always read the ingredients.
12. Find products that have more than one use, especially if you are tight on money.
13. Have an equal balance of moisture and protein in your regimen.
14. Keep your hair protected at night by wearing a satin bonnet or scarf. Or if you have neither, you can sleep on a satin pillowcase.
15. Only do protective hairstyles that with benefit in the growth and length retention of your hair.
16. Do not use heat on your hair every day.
17. Instead of copying other people’s regimens, make one that best suits your hair type.
18. If your hair is protein sensitive, find products that contain hydrolyzed protein or have very little protein in them.
19. Be sure to clarify or do a deep clean at least once a month.
20. Enjoy the process as you learn different things about your hair.
Comment below if you all enjoyed my tips. Or if you have some tips that can help out someone else. So other than that, talk to you all in my next post, and have a great day everyone! Click here to read more hair posts.